Guide provided as it is with no warranty of any kind.
Checking and Sending Email
* Please read everything before your proceed.
|How do I check my email ?
Once your domain name has propagated and is working on our servers, you can configure your mail software (eg. Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora) with the following settings:
Mail server Type: POP or POP3
Incomg Sever: mail.yourdomain.com (replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name)
Email Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (always in full email address format)
Email User Password: your password
Login Authentication: Clear Text (do not select Password Authentication or authenticated POP)
Port/SSL Settings (Usually under Advanced Settings:
- Turn on SSL/TLS (Set port to 995) *You may receive and SSL Error Warning. See below for more info.
- Turn off SSL/TLS (Set port to 110)
Leave emails on Sever: Either set to no or set it to maximum of 7 days (otherwise mailbox will be full very quickly). Windows 10 Built in Mail software does not have this option. Please use Outlook or Thunderbird.
Mail Server (SMTP): your ISP's mail server (eg. mail.singnet.com.sg, smtp.pacific.net.sg, smtp.starhub.net.sg)
Outgoing Port: Typically 25
Authentication: Typically None or Normal Password
Outgoing Password: Typically None
Pls contact your ISP or Telco if the followings don't work. Email who subscribe to our Addon SMTP service please follow the SMTP config email for the settings.
* Windows 10 Users: Built-in Windows 10 Mail does not seem to have a setting to delete email from server and your mailbox will be full eventually. As such, we would recommend using Outlook or Thunderbird.
Outlook Express/Windows Mail (Vista/Win7): Click Tools->Accounts->Add->Mail (follow the wizard. Pls read the software's help file for details)
Windows Live Mail: Click Accounts->Add New Mail (follow the wizard. Pls read the software's help file for details)
Outlook 2003/2007:Click Tools->E-Mail Accounts (follow the wizard. Pls read the software's help file for details)
Outlook 2010 / 2013: Click File->Info -> Add Account (follow the wizard. Pls read the software's help file for details)
- Click Create a New Account (Enter Name, Email Address & Password), Click Manual Config
- If Account has already be added, right click on account to select Settings
Hostname: mail.replace-with-your-domain (eg. mail.advancehost.net)
Port(SSL): 110 (None) or 995 (SSL/TLS - Please confirm security exception as server is using self generated certificate)
Authentication: Normal Password
Outgoing: See SMTP Notes Above
Username Incoming: your username in full email address format
Leaving Email On Server:
- Right click on account to select Settings
- Go to Server Settings, Adjust number of days to keep emails on server after download and uncheck "Until I Delete" (to prevent mailbox from going full)
Please note that we do not provide technical support for troubleshooting iPhone mail setup. Guide is provided as it it. Please see the iPhone user guide for assistance. Please contact your Telco or Vendor for direct help.
1. Go to the home screen, tap Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add Account > Other.
2. Select POP and then enter the following information:
Incoming Mail Server
Name: Enter your Incoming Mail Server. (See
Outgoing Mail Server
Host Name: Enter your Outgoing Mail Server. (See Above for 3G/4G Mobile Broadband)
If you have subscribed to our smtp service, please enter the infomation as per server config.
Your smtp email address.
Port: 25 (contact your telco for details)
3. Click SAVE. Wait for the iPhone to test your incoming and outgoing mail settings and connect to your mailbox.
4. Keep Emails on Server [Optional]. If you are using PC to download, select keep emails so that PC can download the message.
SSL Warning When Checking Email using SSL Port 995
Example: The identity of "your mail host server" cannot be verified, Cannot Verify Server Identity
Solution 1: If there is a "continue" option, you can click it to proceed.
Solution 2: For iPhones, you can disable SSL email checking, then re-enable
Solution 3: This is most recommended. Use the server's Root Hostname which has a valid SSL certificate. Use this Root Hostname Lookup Page to get the server root hostname. Please check that the root hostname provided has "advancehost.net" as the domain (eg. timpani.advancehost.net, trumpet.advancehost.net, etc). If there is a server migration or major upgrade (usually every few years), you will get an error message. Please obtain the root hostname again.
much space should I give to user.
For modern day Internet usage, we recommend at least 50MB per user. If the account is too big, it might take a long time to download. Do not award unlimited quota as it will result in quota problem.
account is overquota. How do I clear usage?
1. Login as administrator, click the small arrow beside statistic -> select summary report -> then select full report. This will give you a breakdown of the usage.
2. This report is generated nightly. To see 'live' mail quota usage, please login to individual webmail.
3. If website is taking up space, you can delete unnecessary files using FTP.
4. If emails are taking up space, please download emails via POP3 to clear space. You can also login to webmail to "Delete and Purge" the emails.
* The fastest wat to clear mail quota is to delete the mail user and recreate. This will delete everything belonging to the user. Please do this only if you are sure there is nothing you need.
I am running out of server quota but there is no mail in user
3. Web Space. Check to see if you have large files taking up unnecessary space.
can't send email!
SMTP relay via your server is not a feature of your package. Remember to set the SMTP server to those provided by your ISP. Some ISPs require your to check your email account (ISP's email account) before allowing you to send emails.
If you need SMTP for certain reason, you can contact us for an SMTP addon.
can I access webmail?
Webmail is available at http://webmail.ReplaceWithYourDomain. (eg. http://webmail.my-super-duper-domain.com.sg)
SSL Warning. There might be an SSL certificate related warning. Please accept it to proceed.
Timezone. Please update the suitable timzone for your country at Preferences->Global->Locale..
- We recommend using an email software (eg. outlook express,
outlook, windows live mail, etc) to check emails (pop3). These
software download emails to your PC and thus will be faster. Webmail
consumes your quota which may result in quota problem.
* IMPT: For features such as calendar, address book, keys, filters, special settings, please keep a copy of the details at your end for backup. In case of server migration/upgrade/change/restore, these features might change or become unavailable.
|Bounced Email - User Account Out Of Quota
1. When an email is sent to a user@yourdomain, a bounced message is received indicating "(reason: can't create (user) output file)"
2. When an email is sent to a user@youdomain, a bounced message is received indicating user@yourdomain "Mail quota exceeded"
2. The webmail performs strangely, take a long time to load and/or display no messages when you are sure there are messages. Webmail is unable to delete messages (especially large ones)
|I am getting lots of virus emails. Please
Worldwide virus incidents have increased tremendously. Better and more intelligent viruses have managed to forged the sender email address and mass generate receipient's email address. Due to this, it takes much more effort to trace the sender (who is usually a victim of an virus infection).
If you are receiving lots of virus email suddenly, we would suggest doing a complete system scan on your PC. If it is clean, there shouldn't be anything to worry about. The situation will usually slow out after a few days when the infected sender/victim realises the infection and takes step to remove the virus.
If the email is from an email address you don't
know or would never want to receive emails from, you can log to the
control panel to block email from this email address.
Anti-Virus Scanning FAQ
What is the purpose of the Anti-Virus feature?
Do I really need it?
Would it provide 100% protection? Does this mean that I will not
need to install additional anti-virus software on my systems
How updated is your anti-virus program?
Advance Anti-Spam Scanning
What is the purpose of the Advance Anti-Spam feature?
Would it provide 100% protection?